Tuesday, April 06, 2004

Sketchy Bill 2: Tedious Rehash of Burning Man Background

I'm just going to have to write this at work, I guess. It's rather dull, as you've guessed from the title, and completely unnecessary if you've read the Burning Man story from last month.

Sketchy Bill was a guy that I'd met at Burning Man, who was rather out of place inasmuch as he looked like a Jersey mobster, talked like a Jersey mobster, and lived like a cross between Gene Simmons and a Jersey mobster. He was living in San Francisco, and had been on a camping trip at Pyramid Lake when he'd heard about the Burn. He's probably the only person to ever just spontanously go to Burning Man.

Anyway, we got along pretty well, because we both liked to consume illegal substances, and he was rich. Just how rich I had no way of telling, but he had a fucking bodyguard, which should have tipped me to a lot of shit. And it did, in a way--but being young and bulletproof, I figured fuck it.

That's a disappointing rehash, I know, but it's a hell of a lot more succinct than the original version, so you'll just have to trust me that this is better.

The plan, as far as Bill and I were concerned, was for me to leave Friday night, fly into SFO later on Friday night, party our asses off for two days, then fly back to Oklahoma on Monday afternoon. It was right around Halloween, as I recall, and he was planning a big party, to which I was invited as an honored guest. After that, well, who could say?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home