Tuesday, February 17, 2004

I Live....Again!

OK, so I didn't stay very sober over the Valentine's weekend. Sue me. I was at least SAFE, which led to me waking up in a couple of rather strange places, but I think that's about half of drinking responsibly. The other half, of course, is not killing your liver. But one thing at a time, eh?

I'm pretty well back where I started, realizing that while I can socialize with a ton of people here, they're not all people that I like, or have anything in common with. I mean, it's fun, and there's always some interesting variation of the same old thing going on (I wound up staying up til 4 or 5am agonizing with the drummer of a local band over what he should do about his pregnant girlfriend), but I'm bored, especially since I can SEE that it's the same old recycled shit.

An especially vicious hangover awaited me on Sunday, which pretty well enervated me and made me stupid yesterday. You know you're getting old when hangovers last two days. Got to watch that stuff.

Good stuff came in the mail last night, though: The Aqua Teen Hunger Force DVD, which has ten or twelve episodes of crazy-ass animation on two DVD's. I watched one of them, but will probably save the other one til I've got some sort of recreational drug to enhance the experience.

The other was the Loony Tunes Golden Collection. I'm sorry, I know I'm a goober, but I love that shit. I can't help it. Four DVD's, and I got through about half of one last night. I've heard rumors that WB is going to rerelease every single animation they did, which will be interesting because there's some fairly racist stuff back in the early days.

I've seen every cartoon I watched last night at least twice, which is what you get from being my age and a 'toon head back when Saturday morning cartoons were worth a shit. I tried really hard to stick it out and catch Daffy Duck's magnum opus, "Duck Dodgers in the 24th and a Half Century," but sleep overcame me. That's got to be one of my favorites of all time, although I see from the box that "Duck Season/Rabbit Season/Duck Season" is on here too.

I'll confess to being a bit stuck on the Burning Man narrative, but I'll reread the last couple of posts and see if I can't crank one out this afternoon, if my boss will leave me alone.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home